Ads should be your best content
Ads should be your best content.
Instead, they’re usually the worst.
An ad should not be:
- They sell blindly vs first giving value
- The visuals are low-effort vs good quality
- They spend relational equity vs build it
- They’re board vs targeted to a chosen few
- They have no personality
- They’re not memorable nor remarkable
- They lead to boring sales pages
And yet companies expect to generate business with them.
Let’s reconsider what an ad is.
An ad should be:
- An invitation to a great experience
- Some of your very best work
- Filled to the brim with value
- The first step of a multi-step experience
- An opportunity to discover
- High quality in the eyes of the viewer
- So good that people share it with others
- Thoughtfully assembled for a chosen few
I go into more detail on this in The Productoon Newsletter this week. Check it out!