When you belong to a great team, it’s great because of you, as well as the others. Otherwise, it would be a ‘mostly great’ team. But we don’t always ‘feel’ great.
Turns out, we can do something about that. We control more of our emotions with our self-talk than we realize. Consider these contrasts:
- Terrible or Inconvenient?
- Cold-caller or Treasure-hunter?
- Losing or Learning?
- Nice or Absolutely-Marvelous?
- Nutritious or Delicious?
- Organizing or Recreating?
- Scary or Growth-opportunity?
- Expensive or Valuable?
- Weak or Delicate?
- Confusing or Intricate?
- Hurtful or History?
- Paycheck or Calling?
Which words sound more like yours, the left ones or the right?
Which would you prefer? What’s stopping you?