There are three sides to every coin.
And when it comes to decision-making on high-performance teams, there are three options available to us, every time.
The third option just takes a little more searching for. Here are some examples:
- 1. Over-promising: Doing less than promised.
2. Under-promising: Promising less than able.
3. Showing promise: Doing more than is comfortable, causing growth.
- 1. Burn-out: Doing more than able.
2. Burn-in: Damage caused by doing too little.
3. Feeling the burn: Doing more than is comfortable, causing growth.
The third option normally requires uncomfortable growth to bring a new, better solution into existence.
High-performing team members: be on the lookout for “the third way.”